A team of surgeons and specialists at Mass General is announcing an achievement in transplant surgery today, having recently performed the largest number of adult heart transplants in the country using what are known as Donation after Circulatory Death (DCD) donor hearts.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Johns Hopkins University
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Residency, Washington University School of Medicine St. Louis
- Fellowship, Barnes Hospital
- Fellowship, Harefield Hospital
- Fellowship, National Cancer Institute
American Board Certifications
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery - General, American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
The focus of my research has been on the genetics and clinical aspects of aneurysmal disease associated with bicuspid aortic valve. In addition my research team has explored fundamental aspects of medical error with a particular emphasis on Human Factors and communication.
- Jun | 30 | 2017
Massachusetts General Hospital Division of Cardiac Surgery Receives the Society of Thoracic Surgeons' Top Rating
Mass General is among the 1.4% of hospitals in the country that achieved an overall 3-star rating for all three STS categories.
- Aug | 24 | 2016
New guidelines recommend mitral valve repair for asymptomatic patients with mitral valve regurgitation, allowing for comparable outcomes with faster recovery.