Dean Eliott, MD
Dean Eliott, MD
Director, Retina Service
Director, Vitreoretinal Fellowship
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass. Eye and Ear
243 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Residency, Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins
- Fellowship, Duke University Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Eliott is an accomplished and nationally renowned vitreoretinal surgeon. He is active in clinical trials for retinal disease, with a strong interest in translational research on diabetic retinopathy, AMD, non-diabetic retinal vascular disease, and proliferative vitreoretinopathy. His recent work includes studies to improve diagnosis and outcomes in patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy, diabetic macular edema, and complex vitreoretinal surgical conditions, such as diabetic retinal detachment, trauma, endophthalmitis, and recurrent retinal detachment due to proliferative vitreoretinopathy.
1. Tieger MG, Moussa K, Kim LA, Eliott D. The History of Visualization in Vitrectomy Surgery. Int Ophthalmol Clin. 2020; 60(1):1-15.
2. Wang JC, Ryan EH, Ryan C, Kakulavarapu S, Mardis PJ, Rodriguez M, Stefater JA, Forbes NJ, Gupta O, Capone A, Emerson GG, Joseph DP, Eliott D, Yonekawa Y. FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF 360-DEGREE LASER RETINOPEXY DURING PRIMARY VITRECTOMY WITH OR WITHOUT SCLERAL BUCKLE FOR RHEGMATOGENOUS RETINAL DETACHMENT AND IMPACT ON SURGICAL OUTCOMES (PRO STUDY REPORT NUMBER 4). Retina. 2019 Dec 23.
3. Reshef ER, Habib LA, Rao R, Modjtahedi BS, Eliott D, Freitag SK, Reinshagen KL, Lee NG. Clinical and radiographic features of hydrolyzed MIRAgel scleral buckles: A comparative analysis. Clin Imaging. 2019 Dec 06; 60(1):10-15.
4. Rong AJ, Fan KC, Golshani B, Bobinski M, McGahan JP, Eliott D, Morse LS, Modjtahedi BS. Multimodal imaging features of intraocular foreign bodies. Semin Ophthalmol. 2019; 34(7-8):518-532.
5. Ung C, Stryjewski TP, Eliott D. Indications, Findings, and Outcomes of Pars Plana Vitrectomy after Open Globe Injury. Ophthalmol Retina. 2019 Sep 10.