Flavia Castelino, MD
Flavia Castelino, MD
Director, Scleroderma Program
Director, Research Training
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Rheumatology at Waltham
52 Second Ave.
Waltham, MA 02451
Mass General Rheumatology
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- , SUNY Upstate Medical University at Syracuse, Office of the Registrar
- Residency, Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Rheumatology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Clinical Studies at the MGH Scleroderma Program
- Prospective Registry In Scleroderma at MGH (PRISM)- Database and bio-repository of patients with scleroderma seen at the MGH Scleroderma Program.
- The Collaborative, National Quality, and Efficacy Registry (CONQUER) - A collaborative, multi-center database of patients with scleroderma
- Clinical trials in scleroderma and scleroderma lung disease.
For further information, please contact: Ana Fernandes, Research Manager (email@example.com, 617-726-7938)
Castelino FV, Dellaripa PF. Recent progress in systemic sclerosis-interstitial lung disease. Curr Op Rheum 2018 Nov;30(6):570-575.
Schoenfeld SR, Castelino FV. Evaluation & management approaches for scleroderma lung disease. Ther Adv Resp Dis. 2017 Jun 1.
Castelino FV, Bain G, Pace VA, Black KE, George L, Probst CK, Goulet L, Lafyatis R, Tager AM. An Autotaxin-LPA-IL-6 Amplification Loop Drives Scleroderma Fibrosis. Arthritis Rheum. 2016 Dec;68(12):2964-2974
Castelino FV, Varga J. Emerging cellular and molecular targets in fibrosis: implications for scleroderma pathogenesis and targeted therapy. Curr Op Rheum 2014 Nov;26(6):607-14
Castelino FV. Lipids and Eicosanoids in Fibrosis: Emerging Targets for Therapy. Curr Op Rheum 2012; 24 (6): 649-655.
Castelino FV, Goldberg H, Dellaripa PF. The Impact of Rheumatologic Evaluation in the Management of Patients with Interstitial Lung Disease. Rheumatology 2011 Mar;50(3):489-93.
Castelino FV, Seiders J, Bain G, Brooks SF, King C, Swaney J, Lorrain D, Chun J, Luster AD, Tager AM. Amelioration of dermal fibrosis by genetic deletion or pharmacologic antagonism of LPA1 in a mouse model of scleroderma. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2011. May; 63(5):1405-15.