Flavia Castelino, MD
Flavia Castelino, MD
Director, Research Training
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Mass General Waltham-Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
52 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451-1155
- MD, SUNY at Syracuse (Upstate) College of Medicine
- SUNY Upstate Medical University at Syracuse, Office of the Registrar
- Residency, Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Rheumatology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Rheum/Immunology, Unknown Board
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Clinical Studies at the MGH Scleroderma Program
- Prospective Registry In Scleroderma at MGH (PRISM)- Database and bio-repository of patients with scleroderma seen at the MGH Scleroderma Program.
- The Collaborative, National Quality, and Efficacy Registry (CONQUER) - A collaborative, multi-center database of patients with scleroderma
- Prospective Registry in Early Systemic Sclerosis (PRESS)- A collaborative, multi-center database of patients in the early stages of scleroderma.
- Ifetroban in Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis or Systemic Sclerosis-Associated Pulmonary Hypertension (Phase II Trial)
For further information, please contact: Ana Fernandes (firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-726-7938)
Castelino FV, Dellaripa PF. Recent progress in systemic sclerosis-interstitial lung disease. Curr Op Rheum 2018 Nov;30(6):570-575.
Schoenfeld SR, Castelino FV. Evaluation & management approaches for scleroderma lung disease. Ther Adv Resp Dis. 2017 Jun 1.
Castelino FV, Bain G, Pace VA, Black KE, George L, Probst CK, Goulet L, Lafyatis R, Tager AM. An Autotaxin-LPA-IL-6 Amplification Loop Drives Scleroderma Fibrosis. Arthritis Rheum. 2016 Dec;68(12):2964-2974
Castelino FV, Varga J. Emerging cellular and molecular targets in fibrosis: implications for scleroderma pathogenesis and targeted therapy. Curr Op Rheum 2014 Nov;26(6):607-14
Castelino FV. Lipids and Eicosanoids in Fibrosis: Emerging Targets for Therapy. Curr Op Rheum 2012; 24 (6): 649-655.
Castelino FV, Goldberg H, Dellaripa PF. The Impact of Rheumatologic Evaluation in the Management of Patients with Interstitial Lung Disease. Rheumatology 2011 Mar;50(3):489-93.
Castelino FV, Seiders J, Bain G, Brooks SF, King C, Swaney J, Lorrain D, Chun J, Luster AD, Tager AM. Amelioration of dermal fibrosis by genetic deletion or pharmacologic antagonism of LPA1 in a mouse model of scleroderma. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2011. May; 63(5):1405-15.