Roy Phitayakorn, MD
Roy Phitayakorn, MD
Associate Surgeon, MGH
Associate Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-643-7935
About Roy Phitayakorn, MD
Dr. Roy Phitayakorn completed his residency training in general surgery at Case Western Reserve University in 2009 and completed an endocrine surgery fellowship at the Massachusetts General Hospital in 2011. Dr. Phitayakorn is an Associate Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School with a practice in general surgery and endocrine surgery at the main campus of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Phitayakorn is also the MGH Department of Surgery Director of Medical Student Education and Surgical Education Research and the Co-Director of the American College of Surgeons-accredited MGH Surgery Education Research and Simulation Fellowship program.
Dr. Phitayakorn has a Master’s degree in Medical Education from the University of Illinois at Chicago (MHPE). His MHPE thesis won the best thesis award in 2007 and best presentation at the 2008 MHPE medical education conference. Dr. Phitayakorn was the first Surgical Simulation Fellow at the MGH Learning Laboratory and completed a certificate in simulation-based teaching from the MGH Institutes of Health Professions in 2011.
Dr. Phitayakorn is an external examination consultant for the American Board of Surgery and develops medical education content for the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Phitayakorn is also a faculty member for several national medical education courses and institutions including the Harvard Macy Institute, the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Surgeons as Educators course, the Institute of Medical Simulation, the ACS Surgical Education Principles and Practice course, and the ACS Certificate in Applied Surgical Education Leadership.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Adrenal disease
- General and gastrointestinal surgery
- Neck dissection
- Parathyroid disease
- Parathyroid surgery
- Parathyroid tumors
- Thyroid cancer surgery
- Thyroid disorders
- Thyroid surgery
- Thyroid tumors
Mass General Surgery
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Residency, Case Western Reserve
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Please see my PubMed summary at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=phitayakorn%20r
Dr. Phitayakorn has written over 70 peer-reviewed publications and 10 book chapters and is co-author of the book, "Thyroid Disease (Biographies of Disease)."
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings