The Community CAre Transitions (C-CAT) clinical trial, which paired community health workers (CHWs) with patients admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), has found that fewer intervention group participants were readmitted within 30 days than control group participants.
Mass General Hospital: Academic Hospitalist Service
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
- MPH, Dartmouth Medical School
- MD, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
- Residency, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Public Health & General Preventive Medicine, American Board of Preventitive Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Staff Story
- Sep | 24 | 2020
The 2020 award recipient is the Community Care Transitions Initiative led by Jocelyn Carter, MD, MPH, of the Department of Medicine.
- Press Release
- Dec | 11 | 2017
A survey of patients admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital has found that patients reporting greater levels of satisfaction with their care and good communication with their health care providers were significantly less like to readmitted to the hospital in the 30 days after discharge.