Alicia Quesnel, MD
Alicia Quesnel, MD
Harvard Medical School Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Boston, MAPhone: 617-523-7900
About Alicia Quesnel, MD
Dr. Alicia Quesnel is fellowship-trained in complex ear and skull base surgery and board-certified in otolaryngology and neurotology. She is committed to providing the highest quality care for infants, children, and adults with hearing loss, ear diseases, and conditions affecting the facial nerve and balance system.
Her clinical practice focuses primarily on surgery for otosclerosis (stapedectomy), cochlear implant surgery, chronic ear disease (including cholesteatoma and repair of tympanic membrane perforations), and skull base surgeries, including vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma), spinal fluid leak repair, and management of intratemporal facial nerve conditions.
She has been an avid proponent of endoscopic ear surgical techniques and utilizes a tailored approach, ranging from totally endoscopic surgery to combination endoscopic and microscopic surgical techniques for chronic ear disease.
She has been a faculty member in multiple temporal bone surgical technique courses, with roles including lecturer, surgical instructor, or live surgery demonstrations. She Co-directed the inaugural Advanced Techniques in Cochlear Implantation Course for Pediatric and Neurotology Fellows at Mass. Eye and Ear.
- Lateral skull base meningoencephalocele and CSF leak
- Otosclerosis, stapedectomy
- Pediatric and adult cochlear implants
- Repair of tympanic membrane perforation (hole in eardrum)
- Surgery for chronic ear disease and cholesteatoma
- Vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma)
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass. Eye and Ear
243 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
American Board Certifications
- Neurotology, American Board of Otolaryngology
- Otolaryngology, American Board of Otolaryngology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- Tufts Health Plan
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Quesnel AM, Seton M, Merchant SN, Halpin C, McKenna MJ. Third-generation bisphosphonates for treatment of sensorineural hearing loss in otosclerosis. Otol Neurotol. 2012 Oct;33(8):1308-14.
Quesnel Am, McKenna MJ. Current strategies in management of intracanalicular vestibular schwannoma. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011 Oct;19(5):335-40. Review.
Quesnel AM, Lee DJ. Extensive osteomas of the temporal-parietal-occipital skull. Otol Neurotol. 2011 Jan;32(1):e3-4.
Quesnel AM, Lindsay RW, Hadlock TA. When the bell tolls on Bell's palsy: finding occult malignancy in acute-onset facial paralysis. Am J Otolaryngol. 2010 Sept-Oct;31(5):339-42. Epub 2009 Jun 24.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings