Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2000
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-5600
About John Tyson, MD
Dr. Tyson is an Assistant in Psychiatry at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Instructor in Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA. He is a graduate of the Massachusetts General/Mclean Hospital Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training Program, and did his adult psychiatry training at the Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program, in Boston, MA. Dr. Tyson is a graduate of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine (2007), and received his Bachelor of Science in biology from University of Miami College of Arts and Sciences (2004).
At Massachusetts General Hospital, Dr. Tyson serves as attending psychiatrist in the First Episode and Early Psychosis Program (FEPP) in the MGH Schizophrenia Program. His clinical interests including diagnostic assessments of adolescents with psychosis and phenomenology of schizophrenia spectrum disorders.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Emergency psychiatry
- First Episode and Early Psychosis
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Psychiatry: Acute Psychiatry Service
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Residency, Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Residency, McLean Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beacon Health - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings