New guidelines recommend mitral valve repair for asymptomatic patients with mitral valve regurgitation, allowing for comparable outcomes with faster recovery.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- ARZT (M.D.), University of Heidelberg Medical School
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Residency, Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Residency, Zurich University Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Herzzentrum Leipzig
American Board Certifications
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery - General, American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Melnitchouk's basic science research has focused on cardiovascular tissue engineering. His current research interests involve studying various outcome measures after surgical interventions, particularly decision analysis, survival analysis, and risk models in cardiac surgery.