Nancy Wei, MD
Nancy Wei, MD
MGH/MGPO Chief Medical Informatics Officer
Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-8720
About Nancy Wei, MD
Nancy Wei, MD MMSc is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and the Chief Medical Informatics Officer at Massachusetts General Hospital.
She earned her medical degree from Harvard Medical School, her masters of medical science from Harvard Medical School, and completed her internal medicine residency and fellowship in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism at MGH.
In her role as the MGH/MGPO Chief Medical Informatics Officer, she leads the optimization, development, implementation, and support of clinical information systems across the hospital.
- Clinical Informatics
Mass General Endocrinology: Diabetes Clinical Center
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Wei NJ, Grant RW, Nathan DM, Wexler DJ. Effect of Hospital Admission on Glycemic Control One Year after Discharge. Endocr Pract. 2012 Jul-Aug; 18(4):456-63.
- Wei NJ, DJ Wexler, DM Nathan, RW Grant. Intensification of diabetes medication and risk for 30 day readmission. Diabetic Medicine. 2013 Feb;30(2):e56-62.
- Wei N, H Zheng, DM Nathan. Empirically Establishing Blood Glucose Targets to Achieve HbA1c Goals. Diabetes Care. 2014 Apr; 37(4):1048-51.
- Wei NJ, Nathan DM, Wexler DJ. Glycemic Control After Hospital Discharge in Insulin-Treated Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized Pilot of Daily Remote Glucose Monitoring. Endocr Pract. 2015 Feb;21(2):115-21.
- Wei N, Pan J, Pop-Busui R, Othmna A, Alecu I, Hornemann T, Eichler FS. Altered sphingoid base profiles in type 1 compared to type 2 diabetes. Lipids Health Dis. 2014 Oct 11;13(1):161.
- Segre A, Wei N*, DIAGRAM Consortium, MAGIC investigators, Altshuler D, Florez JC. Pathways targeted by anti-diabetes drugs are enriched for multiple genes associated with type 2 diabetes risk. Diabetes. 2015 Apr;64(4):1470-83
- Fan W, Zeng H, Wei N, Nathan DM. Estimating HbA1c from timed Self-Monitored Blood Glucose values. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018 Apr 16;141:56-61.
- Rubins D, Wright A, Alkasab T, Ledbetter MS, Miller A, Patel R, Wei N, Zuccotti G, Landman A. Importance of clinical decision support system response time monitoring: a case report. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2019 Aug 2. pii:ocz133.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings