Gregory Acampora, MD
Gregory Acampora, MD
Assistant Professor Harvard Medical School
MGH/Harvard Center for Addiction Medicine / Charlestown Community Health Care
Center for Pain Management MGH / MGH HOME BASE veterans and family care
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Charlestown HealthCare Center: Monument Community Clinic
76 Monument St.
Charlestown , MA 02129
Mass General Psychiatry
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Residency, Boston Medical Center
- Residency, University of Virginia Health System
- Fellowship, Boston Medical Center
- Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Fellowship, Yale New Haven Hospital
- Fellowship, Yale-New Haven Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Addiction Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
My research interests emphasize treatment of patients with Substance Use Disorders with particular focus on co-occuring conditions including: Pain, PTSD, Military Psychiatry, perioperative care and complex pharmacology
- Acampora G, . Perioperative buprenorphine maintenance and administration simultaneous with full agonist opioids; patient priority at the interface between medical disciplines. J Clin Psychiatry. 2019
- Evaluation and Treatment of the Spine Pain Patient, 1st Edition. Mao MD, PhD. Springer Nature Publishing, Chapter 10: Psychological and Psychiatric Evaluation of the Spine Pain Patient: An interface of the Mind/Body dynamic
- The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Pain Management, 4th Edition. Philadelphia. 2019.
- Handbook of Office-Based Buprenorphine Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, 2nd Edition. John A. Renner (Jr.) 2018. Chapter 15: 325-336. Comments on the Case Vignettes. co-author with the chief editor, John Renner