Arianne Shadi Kourosh, MD, MPH, dermatologist and director of Community Health at Massachusetts General Hospital, shares some considerations for dermatologic care during COVID-19.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
50 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114-2517
Chelsea HealthCare Center
151 Everett Avenue
Chelsea, MA 02150-1807
Revere HealthCare Center
300 Ocean Avenue
Revere, MA 02151-3675
- MPH, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- MD, UT Southwestern Medical School
- Residency, UT Southwestern Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Development and application of technologies and innovative methods to promote patient advocacy and solve problems in healthcare.
Dr. Kourosh developed the Skin Advocate iPhone App, a free application that connects patients with skin disease with appropriate patient advocacy resources and support for their conditions.
She is currently working on innovations involving novel telemedicine platforms to increase access to care.
Dr. Kourosh also founded and directs Project Phoenix, a pro bono tattoo removal program for patients in need of assistance with job acquisition and social reintegration, and conducts research around tattoos as a social determinant of health.
- Improving Patient Advocacy Groups Through Smartphones: A Needs Assessment. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. Vol 69, Issue 3, p 493-494, September 2013.
- Bridging Dermatologists with Patient Advocacy Groups Through Smartphones. JAMA Dermatology 2013.
- Pathogenesis of Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid. Dermatol Clin. 2011 Jul; 29(3):479-84.
- Therapeutic Approaches to Patients with Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid. Dermatol Clin. 2011 Oct;29(4):637-41.
- Activation of the mesostriatal reward pathway with exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UVR) vs. sham UVR in frequent tanners. Addiction Biology 17: 68P 686.
- Tanning as a behavioral addiction. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 36(5):284-90 (May 2010)
- Hooked on Tanning: Why You Shouldn't Start. The Skin Cancer Foundation Journal. Vol 30. 2012.
- Photosensitive Disorders in HIV. Cockerell and Calame: Cutaneous manifestations of HIV infection. Copyright 2010. Manson Publishing, 73 Corringham Road, London, NW11 7DL, UK.
- Leprosy of Lucio and Latapí with extremity livedoid vascular changes. International Journal of Dermatology 2013;52(10):1245-7Psoriasis as the Marker of Underlying Systemic Disease. Skin Therapy Letter. 2008 Feb; 13(1):1-5.
- Patient Advocacy in the Technological Age. Journal of the Dermatology Nurses Association. July/August 2013 - Volume 5 - Issue 4, pp: 187-237. Dermatologists and Social Media, Editorial & Commentary for June 2013 Dialogues in Dermatology.
- A Girl With Cerebriform Palmar Plaques. Consultant For Pediatricians. 2013;12(7):317-318.
- May | 18 | 2018
“Choosing the right sunscreen can help to reduce the risk of skin cancer and early signs of aging by the sun,” says Arianne “Shadi” Kourosh, MD, MPH, director of Community Health in the MGH Department of Dermatology.