Michelle Palumbo, MD
Michelle Palumbo, MD
Instructor in Pediatrics Harvard Medical School
Lexington, MAPhone: 781-860-1700
About Michelle Palumbo, MD
Dr. Michelle Palumbo is a pediatrician and a child and adolescent psychiatrist at the Lurie Center and a clinical instructor at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Palumbo joined the Lurie Center in August 2013, after completing a triple board residency program in Pediatrics/Psychiatry/Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University.
As a triple board trained physician, Dr. Palumbo treats both the medical and psychiatric aspects of autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities. Dr. Palumbo works with the patients and their families to develop a comprehensive treatment plan that may include medications and other forms of therapies in order to address each individuals' and families' needs, as well as focusing on optimizing each individuals' and families' strengths and abilities.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Developmental Disabilities
- Down syndrome
- Neurogenetic Syndromes
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Lurie Center for Autism
1 Maguire Rd.
Lexington, MA 02421
- MD, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
- Residency, Rhode Island Hospital/Lifespan
American Board Certifications
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Palumbo is involved as a co-investigator on a number of studies at the Lurie center including clinical medication trials evaluating the effectiveness of medications on psychiatric symptoms in autism spectrum disorder, and the relationship between autoimmunity and neuroinflammation in autism spectrum disorder.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings