Deeba Husain, MD
Deeba Husain, MD
Director, Mass. Eye and Ear Retina Consultants, Stoneham
Director, Medical Retina (Boston) Fellowship
Director, International Retina Fellowship
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
- MD, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Institute
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Institute
- Fellowship, Vanderbilt Eye Institute
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Husain is a clinician scientist who is involved in evaluating the pathogenesis of, and newer treatments for, macular degeneration. She has worked with a preclinical primate model of experimental choroidal neovascularization and has studied the safety and efficacy of photodynamic therapy and antiVEGF agents in this model. In addition, she has worked on the role of PLC gamma 1 in the pathogenesis of experimental choroidal neovascularization. At Mass. Eye and Ear, she is collaborating with investigators in the Angiogenesis Laboratory who are elucidating the role of complements in macular degeneration and retinal detachment. She also is involved in clinical trials of new therapies for retinal diseases.
1. Cui Y, Zhu Y, Wang JC, Lu Y, Zeng R, Katz R, Wu DM, Vavvas DG, Husain D, Miller JW, Kim LA, Miller JB. Imaging Artifacts and Segmentation Errors With Wide-Field Swept-Source Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography in Diabetic Retinopathy. Transl Vis Sci Technol. 2019 Nov; 8(6):18.
2. Marques JP, Pires J, Simão J, Marques M, Gil JQ, Laíns I, Alves D, Nunes S, Cachulo ML, Miller JB, Vavvas DG, Miller JW, Husain D, Silva R. Validation of RetmarkerAMD as a semiautomatic grading software for AMD. Eye (Lond). 2019 Oct 23.
3. Bagheri S, Lains I, Silverman RF, Kim I, Eliott D, Silva R, Miller J, Husain D, Miller JW, Saad L, Vavvas DG. Percentage of Foveal vs Total Macular Geographic Atrophy as a Predictor of Visual Acuity in Age-Related Macular Degeneration. J Vitreoretin Dis. 2019 Sep; 3(5):278-282.
4. Laíns I, Chung W, Kelly RS, Gil J, Marques M, Barreto P, Murta JN, Kim IK, Vavvas DG, Miller JB, Silva R, Lasky-Su J, Liang L, Miller JW, Husain D. Human Plasma Metabolomics in Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Meta-Analysis of Two Cohorts. Metabolites. 2019 Jul 02; 9(7).