Basic and clinical investigations have identified a role for kidney-derived glycerol-3-phosphate in stimulating circulating fibroblast growth factor 23 after acute kidney injury.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
- M.D.; Ph.D., Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Sep | 24 | 2019
Bone health specialists typically spend their time trying to figure how to slow or stop the bone loss that leads to osteoporosis. What if they could find a new way to stimulate the growth of new bone tissue instead?