Daniel Guss, MD, MBA
Daniel Guss, MD, MBA
Program Director, Foot & Ankle Fellowship
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 3F
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Mass General/Newton Wellesley Foot & Ankle Center
52 Second Avenue
Building 52, 1st Floor, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
Newton-Wellesley Ambulatory Care Center
159 Wells Avenue
Newton, MA 02459
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- MD, Harvard University School of Public Health
- Residency, Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency Program
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Guss strives to improve the treatment of patients through research on topics that include sports-related injuries, foot and ankle trauma and late-stage reconstruction, with an emphasis on minimally invasive approaches and function-preserving alternatives. He is also interested in health policy and the manner in which large health care systems can reliably deliver high quality care to individual patients in a changing health care environment. In addition, he is committed to improving the training of future generation of surgeons by extrapolating lessons learned from other industries.
- Daniel Guss, Jeremy T. Smith, Chris C. Chiodo. "Acute Achilles Tendon Ruptures: A Critical Analysis Review." Accepted for publication by the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Reviews, 2014.
- Quinn T. Charbonneau, Daniel Guss. "Foot and Ankle Disorders" in Pocket Primary Care; a Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook. Meghan Kiefer and Curtis Chong, Eds. Wolters Kluwer: Philadelphia, 2014.
- John Y. Kwon, Daniel Guss, Darius E. Lin, Mostafa Abousayed, Clifford Jeng, Steve Kang, J. Kent Ellington. Delay to definitive fixation does not decrease wound complications: Factors predictive for wound complications in the treatment of closed intra-articular calcaneus fractures. Submitted for publication by Foot and Ankle International, 2014.
- Daniel Guss. "Alternative Systems of Care and Consumer-Driven Health Care. An Introduction to Health Policy: A Primer for Physicians and Medical Students, Manish Sethi and William Frist, eds. New York: Springer, 2013.
- Sanford E. Emery, Daniel Guss, Marshall A. Kuremsky, Brian R. Hamlin, James H. Herndon, Harry E. Rubash. "Resident education versus fellowship training-conflict or synergy? AOA critical issues. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume. 2012, Nov; 94(21):e159.
- Daniel Guss, Ann L. Prestipino, Harry E. Rubash. "Graduate Medical Education Funding: A Massachusetts General Hospital Case Study and Review." The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Volume. 2012, Feb; 94(4):e24.