A new study by investigators at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program and the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, finds that more than 40 percent of patients treated at U.S. community health centers have a history of housing problems.
Mass General Primary Care Urgent Access Center
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Internal Medicine
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Baylor College Of Medicine
- MPH, Harvard School of Public Health
- Residency, Harborview Medical Center
- Residency, University of Washington Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Baggett's research focuses on the health of homeless people, with an emphasis on addictive behaviors and their medical consequences in this population.
- Baggett TP, O’Connell JJ, Singer DE, Rigotti NA. The Unmet Health Care Needs of Homeless Adults: A National Study. American Journal of Public Health 2010;100:1326-33.
- Baggett TP, Hwang SW, O’Connell JJ, Porneala BC, Stringfellow EJ, Orav EJ, Singer DE, Rigotti NA. Mortality Among Homeless Adults in Boston: Shifts in Causes of Death Over a 15-year Period. JAMA Internal Medicine 2013;173(3):189-195.
- Baggett TP, Tobey ML, Rigotti NA. Tobacco Use among Homeless People – Addressing the Neglected Addiction. New England Journal of Medicine 2013;369(3):201-204.
- Baggett TP. The Proud Paratrooper. JAMA 2013;309(20):2109-2110.