About Amulya Nagarur, MD
Amulya Nagarur, MD is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School (HMS), Core Educator Faculty (CEF) in the Department of Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), and a Walter Bauer Firm Chief for the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
She is originally from Atlanta and attended the University of Georgia. After graduating from Vanderbilt University Medical School in Nashville, Tennessee, Dr. Nagarur completed her Internal Medicine residency training at MGH in 2014. She stayed on faculty as an attending physician with the CEF and Hospital Medicine Unit. In addition to being an academic clinician, she is the Associate Clerkship Director for the HMS Internal Medicine clerkship, Warren House Co-Director in the HMS Primary Clinical Experience, and Co-Chair of the Intern Recruitment Committee.
Dr. Nagarur’s academic interests include curriculum development, faculty development, mentorship structures, and research in apprenticeship models of teaching. She is an Indian classical dancer and a graduate of the Academy of Kuchipudi Dance in Atlanta. In her work as a physician, she is interested in exploring how the performing arts intersect with medicine and education.
- Medical Education
- Residency training and education
- MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings