Alice Lorch, MD
Alice Lorch, MD
Associate Chief for Quality for the Department of Ophthalmology
Director of Harvard Ophthalmology Residency Training Program
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass Eye and Ear Longwood
800 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Lorch’s primary research interests include healthcare quality and outcomes. She is currently investigating the use of telemedicine for urgent ophthalmic problems in the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Emergency Room. She has studied the impact of health conditions and health education in Chile and investigated methods for reducing prescription errors in Thailand. She has also performed original research on vision rehabilitation outcomes and three-dimensional imaging of corneal anatomy using ocular coherence tomography (OCT).
1. Armstrong GW, Lorch AC. A(eye): A Review of Current Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Ophthalmology. Int Ophthalmol Clin. 2020; 60(1):57-71.
2. Moustafa GA, Borkar DS, Borboli-Gerogiannis S, Greenstein SH, Lorch AC, Vasan RA, Kloek CE. Optimization of cataract surgery follow-up: A standard set of questions can predict unexpected management changes at postoperative week one. PLoS One. 2019; 14(9):e0221243.
3. Lu Y, Armstrong GW, Lorch A. Considering Same-Day Access vs Emergency Department Ophthalmic Visits in Ophthalmology Trainee Education. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2019 Aug 01.
4. Lorch AC, Miller JW, Kloek CE. Accuracy in Residency Program Rankings on Social Media. J Grad Med Educ. 2019 04; 11(2):127-128.
5. Hu WF, Lorch AC. Teleophthalmology For Anterior Segment Disease. Int Ophthalmol Clin. 2019; 59(4):55-67.