Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass. Eye and Ear
243 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
American Board Certifications
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Mallery’s research focuses on utilizing structural and functional measures to better characterize visual pathway dysfunction in patients with optic nerve and neurologic disease. He has particular interest the development of novel functional biomarkers of neurologic dysfunction to assist in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS), traumatic brain injury (TBI), and neurodegenerative disease.
1. Bakaeva T, Mallery R, Prasad S. Emerging Treatments for Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy and Other Genetic Causes of Visual Loss. Semin Neurol. 2019 Dec; 39(6):732-738.
2. Exman P, Mallery RM, Lin NU, Parsons HA. Response to Olaparib in a Patient with Germline BRCA2 Mutation and Breast Cancer Leptomeningeal Carcinomatosis. NPJ Breast Cancer. 2019; 5:46.
3. Mallery RM, Rehmani OF, Woo JH, Chen YJ, Reddi S, Salzman KL, Pinho MC, Ledbetter L, Tamhankar MA, Shindler KS, Digre KB, Friedman DI, Liu GT. Utility of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Features for Improving the Diagnosis of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Without Papilledema. J Neuroophthalmol. 2019 09; 39(3):299-307.
4. Mallery RM, Friedman DI, Digre KB, Liu GT. Utility of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Features for Improving the Diagnosis of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Without Papilledema: Response. J Neuroophthalmol. 2019 09; 39(3):439.
5. Kohli AA, Vossough A, Mallery RM, Woo JH, Sheldon CA, Paley GL, Digre KB, Friedman DI, Farrar JT, McCormack SE, Liu GT, Szperka CL. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Findings in Pediatric Pseudotumor Cerebri Syndrome. Pediatr Neurol. 2019 Oct; 99:31-39.