Dr. Mark Price, Dr. Peter Asnis and Dr. Scott Martin of the Sports Medicine Center on the field after the New England Patriots defeated the Los Angeles Rams on February 3.
Mark Price, MD, PhD
Mark Price, MD, PhD
Head Team Physician and Medical Director: New England Patriots; Team Physician: Boston Red Sox
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
MGH Sports Medicine Center
175 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114-2723
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- , Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- MD, Harvard University School of Public Health
- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Price has a large research effort dedicated to better understand the impact of various sports related injuries (shoulder, knee, hamstring, concussion, etc.) on patient health and well being. He uses these insights to better serve his patients in the clinic and operating room. He has published and lectured extensively on these findings.
- Symptomatic Focal Knee Chondral Injuries in National Football League Combine Players Are Associated with Poorer Performance and Less Volume of Play. Arthroscopy 34(3): 671-7 (2018)
- Posterolateral Corner Injuries of the Knee at the NFL Combine: An Imaging and Outcomes Analysis. Arthroscopy 34(3): 681-6 (2018)
- Meniscectomy and Resultant Articular Cartilage Lesions of the Knee in Prospective National Football League Players: An Imaging and Performance Analysis. Am J Sports Med. 46(1): 200-7 (2018)
- The Latarjet Procedure at the National Football League Scouting Combine: An Imaging and Performance Analysis. Ortho J Sports Med. 5(9): 1-6 (2017)
- Arthroscopic transtendinous double pulley remplissage technique in the beach chair position for large Hill Sachs lesions. Arthroscopy Tech 4(4):305-9 (2015).
- Management of Complications after Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty. Curr Rev in Musculoskel Med. 8(1): 92-7 (2015)
- Effect of Timing of ACL reconstruction surgery and development of meniscal and chondral lesions. Physician and Sports Med 40(1):36-40 (2012)
- Arthroscopically-assisted biceps tenodesis using a suture anchor. Curr Orthop Practice 22(6): 524-9 (2011)
- Management of type II superior labrum anterior posterior (SLAP) tears: a review of the literature. Orthop Rev. 2(e6):16-22 (2010)