Kirstin Birtwell, PhD
Kirstin Birtwell, PhD
Assistant in Pediatrics, Dept. of Pediatrics, MGH
Instructor, Dept. of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
Lexington, MAPhone: 781-860-1700
About Kirstin Birtwell, PhD
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- intellectual disabilities in children
- Language disorders
- Neuropsychological assessment of pediatric populations:
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Lurie Center for Autism
1 Maguire Rd.
Lexington, MA 02421
- MA, Suffolk University
- PhD, Suffolk University
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beacon Health - ACD
- Beacon Health - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Kirstin Birtwell is the Principal Investigator of an ongoing pilot study entitled, "Using affinities technology to enhance social communication and emotion regulation skills in individuals with autism spectrum disorder." Her study hopes to explore the ways in which a new autism technology can be used within the context of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for autism spectrum disorder.
- Birtwell, K.B. & Nowinski, L. (2018). Access to treatment for individuals with developmental disabilities. In E. Braaten & B. Willoughby (Eds.), The SAGE Encyclopedia of Intellectual and Developmental Disorders. Los Angeles: Sage Publishing.
- Parent, V., Birtwell, K.B., Dubard, M., Lambright, N. (2016). Combining CBT and behavior analytic approaches to target severe emotion dysregulation in verbal youth with ASD/ID. Journal of Mental Health Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 9(1), 60-82.
- Birtwell, K.B., Willoughby, B. & Nowinski, L. (2016). Social, cognitive, and behavioral development of children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder. In C. J. McDougle (Ed.), Primer on Autism Spectrum Disorder. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Cavalari, R., DuBard, M., Luiselli, J., Birtwell, K. B. (2013). Teaching an adolescent with autism to tolerate routine medical examination: Effects of compliance training through graduated exposure and positive reinforcement. Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology, 1(2), 121-128.
- Coyne, L. W. & Birtwell, K. & McHugh, L. (2013). Acceptance and commitment therapy: transdiagnostic processes in child and adolescent psychopathology. In J. T. Ehrenreich & B. Chu (Eds). Transdiagnostic treatment approaches to youth psychopathology. New York: Guilford Press.
- Birtwell, K. & Sandberg, E. (2012). The PLAY Project Home Consultation (PPHC) program. In E. H. Sandberg & B. L. Spritz (Eds.). A Brief Guide to Autism Treatments. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings