Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass Eye and Ear at Malden
578 Main St.
Malden, MA 02148
- MD, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Residency, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Fellowship, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Some of Dr. Vasan’s former research projects have involved corneal transplantation including partial thickness corneal transplantation techniques and automated endothelial keratoplasty graft preparation. He is also interested in enhancing resident education particularly in the realm of surgical training.
1. Moustafa GA, Borkar DS, Borboli-Gerogiannis S, Greenstein SH, Lorch AC, Vasan RA, Kloek CE. Optimization of cataract surgery follow-up: A standard set of questions can predict unexpected management changes at postoperative week one. PLoS One. 2019; 14(9):e0221243.
2. Foster JB, Swan KR, Vasan RA, Greven MA, Walter KA. Small-incision Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty: a comparison of small-incision tissue injector and forceps techniques. Cornea. 2012 Jan; 31(1):42-7.