Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-4400
Boston, MAPhone: 617-643-8606
About Elan Witkowski, MD, MS
Elan R. Witkowski, MD, MS, is a minimally invasive surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital. His clinical interests include bariatric and metabolic surgery, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), as well as hernia surgery and complex abdominal wall reconstruction. He performs open, laparoscopic, and robotic surgery. His research interests include epidemiology, surgical outcomes, and artificial intelligence.
Dr. Witkowski is a surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital. He received his MD degree from the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 2008. During his surgical residency, he also completed a Masters degree in Epidemiology at the Harvard School of Public Health in 2012. He completed his residency at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 2015. In 2016, he completed a fellowship in the minimally invasive, bariatric, and advanced GI surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
After completing fellowship, Dr. Witkowski joined the faculty at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School. His clinical practice is focused on primary and revisional bariatric and metabolic surgery, foregut surgery including reflux surgery and hiatal hernias, as well as abdominal hernia surgery and complex abdominal wall reconstruction. He performs open, laparoscopic, and robotic surgery.
Dr. Witkowski has received numerous awards and honors, and holds leadership positions in a number of national organizations. His research interests include quantitative studies focused on healthcare utilization, outcomes and cost-effectiveness of advanced medical technologies and therapeutics. He is also interested in technological innovation including surgical device development, healthcare information technology, and artificial intelligence.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Gallbladder and biliary tract disease
- Gastric (stomach) cancer
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- General and gastrointestinal surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Paraesophageal hernias
- Robotic surgery
Mass General Digestive Healthcare Center: Weight Center
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Surgery
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Residency, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Mass General is home to the fastest growing robotic surgery program in New England and is a minimally invasive treatment option for many conditions.
Visit Us in Waltham
The Mass General Weight Center is now open in Waltham, MA. Surgical and non-surgical consultations available. Call 617-726-4400 for more information.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings