Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass Eye and Ear Longwood
800 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Jan Kylstra has performed clinical research related to the management of diabetic macular edema, macular holes, age related macular degeneration, ocular trauma, cytomegalovirus retinitis, and retinopathy of prematurity. His current area of interest is the development of better screening for wet macular degeneration.
1. Kylstra JA, Diaz JD. A simple eye model for practicing indirect ophthalmoscopy and retinal laser photocoagulation. Digit J Ophthalmol. 2019 Jan; 25(1):1-4.
2. Koike KJ, Blice JP, Kylstra JA, Ralston JS, Self SE, Ruth NM, Del Priore LV. FROSTED BRANCH ANGIITIS IN METHIMAZOLE-INDUCED ANTINEUTROPHIL CYTOPLASMIC ANTIBODY-POSITIVE VASCULITIS. Retin Cases Brief Rep. 2018 Spring; 12(2):136-139.
3. Wannamaker KW, Sharpe RA, Kylstra JA. SPONTANEOUS CLOSURE OF A MACULAR HOLE AFTER FOUR FAILED VITRECTOMIES IN THE SETTING OF NF-1. Retin Cases Brief Rep. 2018 Winter; 12(1):36-38.
4. Virata SR, Kylstra JA. Postoperative complications following vitrectomy for proliferative diabetic retinopathy with sew-on and noncontact wide-angle viewing lenses. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers. 2001 May-Jun; 32(3):193-7.
5. Wallace DK, Kylstra JA. Laser treatment for ROP. Ophthalmology. 2001 Jan; 108(1):7-8.