Vinod Narra, MD
Vinod Narra, MD
Lecturer on Surgery, part-time, Harvard Medical School
Danvers, MAPhone: 978-882-6868
Salem, MAPhone: 978-741-1200
About Vinod Narra, MD
Dr. Narra received his undergraduate and medical degrees from Georgetown University. He completed his surgical residency at the Brigham and Women's Hospital. He joined the Massachusetts General Physicians Organization and the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Surgery in 2016, and he holds the title of Clinical Affiliate at the MGH and Clinical Instructor in Surgery at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Narra is board certified in General Surgery and is a member of the American College of Surgeons, the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons, and the American Thyroid Association. He has the busiest endocrine practice on the North Shore and is part of the MGH Endocrine Surgery Unit, the highest volume center in the country focusing on thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal disorders. He utilizes several minimally invasive techniques to treat endocrine disorders. His particular areas of clinical expertise are in both initial and persistent hyperparathyroidism, the treatment of thyroid cancer and thyroid disorders.
He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and has received multiple teaching awards throughout his career as well as the surgical clinical excellence award from Salem Hospital in 2013.
His philosophy on patient care stems from his desire to treat every patient with respect and provide the level of care and attention that he would expect for his family. He keeps in close contact with his patients during the pre and post-operative phases of care and provides his patients with immediate access in the post-operative period.
- Adrenal surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Graves' disease
- Hernia surgery
- Parathyroid disease
- Parathyroid surgery
- Thyroid cancer surgery
- Thyroid disorders
- Thyroid surgery
Surgery at Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
102-104 Endicott St.
Danvers, MA 01923
81 Highland Ave.
Salem, MA 01923
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Residency, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- DNA Methylation in Thyroid Tumorigenesis. Josena K. Stephen, Dhananjay Chitale, Vinod Narra, Kang Mei Chen, Raja Sawhney and Maria J. Worsham. Cancers 2011, 3(2), 1732-1743
- Synchronous Bilateral Robotic Adrenalectomy for Adrenocorticotropic Dependent Cushing's Syndrome. D.Malley, RS Boris, S Kaul, F Muhletaler, V Narra, M. Menon J of Society of Lap-endo Surgery. 2008 Apr-Jun; 12 (2): 198-201.
- A Four Step Technique of Robotic Right Adrenalectomy: An Initial Experience. L Krane, M. Bhandari, V Narra, M Menon. BJU Int 101(10):1289-92, 2007.
- Replication-competent Adenovirus Mediated Suicide Gene Therapy in Combination with Radiation in a Preclinical Model Pancreatic Cancer. S. Freytag.. V.Narra et al. Gene Therapy,
- Survivin expression is upregulated in vascular injury and identifies a unique cell phenotype in developing lesions.Simosa, G. Whang, X. Sui, T. Peterson, V. Narra, D. Altieri, M. Conte. Journal of Vascular Surgery, Vol 41, Issue 4: 682-690.
- Decreased mitogen activated protein kinase activities in congenital diaphragmatic hernia-associated pulmonary hypoplasia. D. Kling, Narra, S. Islam, T.B. Kinane, A. Alessandrini, L. Ercolani, P.K. Donahoe, and J.J. Schnitzer. The Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Vol 36, No 10. October 2001: 1490-1496.
- Prenatal Vitamin E treatment improves lung growth in fetal rats with congenital diaphragmatic hernias. S. Islam, Narra, Manganaro, G. Cote, P.K. Donahoe, and J.J. Schnitzer. The Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Vol 34, No 1. January 1999: 172-177.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings