The 2019 Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) meeting reflected a shift in focus from the progress of research at the MGH to the challenges facing members of the hospital’s research faculty.
Ashwin Babu, MD
Ashwin Babu, MD
Team Physician: New England Revolution, USA Paralympic Soccer; Consultant: New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, Harvard University, Curry College, Suffolk University
Associate Program Director: Spaulding/Harvard Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Training Program
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
MGH Sports Medicine Center
175 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114-2723
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Avenue
Building 52, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Residency, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Fellowship, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Babu’s current academic interests include non-operative sports medicine, regenerative medicine and outcomes-based research.
- Babu, A. and Blauwet, C. (2017). Knee Injuries. In: M. Harrast and J. Finoff, ed., Knee Injuries and Conditions, 2nd ed. New York, New York: Demos Medical Publishing, pp.301-314.
- Cushman, D.M., Babu, A., Marshall, B. and Rho, M., 2016. The Motivational Influence of Milestone Times on 10-km Running Performance. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 16(2), pp.602-611.
- Kotler, D.H., Babu, A.N. and Robidoux, G., 2016. Prevention, evaluation, and rehabilitation of cycling-related injury. Current sports medicine reports, 15(3), pp.199-206.
- Babu, A.N., West, A., Joyce, A. and Borg-Stein, J., 2016. Hamstring injuries: review of current literature and return to play considerations. Current Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Reports, 4(2), pp.145-153.
- McCormick, Z.L., Cushman, D., Lee, D.T., Scholten, P., Chu, S.K., Babu, A.N., Caldwell, M., Ziegler, C., Ashraf, H., Sundar, B. and Clark, R., 2016. Is there a relationship between body mass index and fluoroscopy time during sacroiliac joint injection? A multicenter cohort study. Pain Medicine, 17(7), pp.1241-1248.
- Babu, A.N., Chu, S.K. and Reger, C., 2015. Poster 181 The Teaching Habits and Perspectives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residents. PM&R, 9(7), p.S151.
- Chu, S.K., Babu, A.N. and Wysocki, N.M., 2014. Poster 571 Impact of a Required Fourth-Year Medical Student Rotation in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. PM&R, 9(6), p.S385.