Marwa Ahmed, MD, MS
Marwa Ahmed, MD, MS
Medical Director | Spaulding Sports Medicine Center - Brighton
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Spaulding Outpatient Center - Brighton
20 Guest Street
Brighton, MA 02135-2040
Spaulding Outpatient Center - Downtown Crossing
294 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02108
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
300 First Avenue
Charlestown, MA 02129-3109
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar
- Residency, New York Presbyterian Columbia Campus
- Residency, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Fellowship, Spine and Sports Medicine of New York, P.C.
- Fellowship, Stanford University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Stanford University School of Medicine
American Board Certifications
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Ahmed M, Panagos A. Intra-Articular Autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma Hip Injection May Result in Osteogenesis Depicted as an Increase in Femoral Neck Bone Density. Open Journal of Regenerative Medicine January 2014; 03(02):39-42. DOI: 10.4236/ojrm.2014.32005.
- Kim, Stuart K., Thomas R. Roos, Andrew K. Roos, John P. Kleimeyer, Marwa A. Ahmed, Gabrielle T. Goodlin, Michael Fredericson, John P. A. Ioannidis, Andrew L. Avins, and Jason L. Dragoo. "Genome-wide Association Screens for Achilles Tendon and ACL Tears and Tendinopathy." Plos One3 (2017). Print. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0170422.
- Roos, Andrew, Andy Avins, Marwa A. Ahmed, John Kleimeyer, Thomas Roos, Michael Fredericson, John Ioannidis, Jason Dragoo, and Stuart Kim. "Two Genetic Loci Associated with Medial Collateral Ligament Injury." International Journal of Sports Medicine (2017). Print. DOI: 1055/s-0043-104853.
- Kim, Stuart K., John P. Kleimeyer, Marwa A. Ahmed, Andy Avins, Michael Fredericson, Jason Dragoo, and John Ioannidis. “Two Genetic Loci Associated with Ankle Injury.” Plos One, vol. 12, no. 9, 2017, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0185355.
- Kim, Stuart K, Marwa A. Ahmed, Andy Avins and John Ioannidis. “A Genetic Marker Associated with De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis.” International Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 38, no. 12, June 2017, pp. 942–948., doi:10.1055/s-0043-116669.