Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass Eye and Ear at Longwood
800 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02115
Mass Eye and Ear at Lexington
110 Hartwell Avenue
Lexington, MA 02421
Mass Eye and Ear
243 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear***
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Davies’ work has resulted in the publication of 11 original articles, all published since 2016. Dr. Davies performs research in three main clinical areas: corneal infections, complex cataract surgery, and the innovative treatment of corneal edema. She is currently investigating whether topical rho kinase inhibitors can be used to promote endothelial cell proliferation and migration after Descemet’s membrane stripping for hastened corneal clearance after DWEK. As she has previously published in Cornea, DWEK can be successfully used to treat Fuchs corneal dystrophy but corneal clearance takes on average about 3 months after the procedure. She hopes that her continued work may speed recovery and expand potential patient candidates for this innovative procedure to recovery vision and improve visual functioning.
1. Ung L, Wang Y, Vangel M, Davies EC, Gardiner M, Bispo PJM, Gilmore MS, Chodosh J. Validation of a Comprehensive Clinical Algorithm for the Assessment and Treatment of Microbial Keratitis. Am J Ophthalmol. 2019 Dec 30.
2. Davies EC, Pineda R. Complications of Scleral-Fixated Intraocular Lenses. Semin Ophthalmol. 2018; 33(1):23-28.
3. Davies EC, Pineda R. Cataract surgery outcomes and complications in retinal dystrophy patients. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017 Dec; 52(6):543-547.
4. Davies EC, Daly MK, Siracuse-Lee D. A rare case of Phialemonium obovatum keratitis. Am J Ophthalmol Case Rep. 2017 Apr; 5:81-84.
5. Davies EC, Jakobiec FA, Stagner AM, Iwamoto MA. A Rapidly Enlarging Recurrent Eyebrow Pilomatrixoma in a Nonagenarian. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016 Nov/Dec; 32(6):e157-e160.