A temporary tracheostomy—an opening created in the neck to facilitate placing a tube into a person's windpipe—can be essential for allowing a critically ill patient to come off a ventilator.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Division of Thoracic Surgery
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
2014 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02462
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Auchincloss HG, Wright CD. Complications after tracheal resection and reconstruction: prevention and treatment. Journal of Thoracic Diseases. 2016 March; 8 (suppl 2): S160-7.
- Loehrer AP, Hawkins AT, Auchincloss HG, Song Z, Hutter MM, Patel VI. Impact of Expanded Insurance Coverage on Racial Disparities in Vascular Disease: Insights From Massachusetts. Ann Surg. 2015 Nov 18.
- Auchincloss HG, Donahue DM. Prevention and Management of Nerve Injuries in Thoracic Surgery. Thorac Surg Clin. 2015 Nov;25(4):509-15
- Loehrer AP, Song Z, Auchincloss HG, Hutter MM. Influence of Health Insurance Expansion on Disparities in the Treatment of Acute Cholecystitis. Ann Surg. 2015 Jul;262(1):139-45.
- Loehrer AP, Song Z, Auchincloss HG, Hutter MM. Massachusetts health care reform and reduced racial disparities in minimally invasive surgery. JAMA Surg.2013 Dec;148(12):1116-22.
- Auchincloss HG, Morse CR. Tracheal disruption from invasive pretracheal lymphadenopathy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Jan;95(1):e23.
- Auchincloss HG, Ratter DW. “Management of failed fundoplications, end-stage gastroesophageal reflux disease, and scleroderma” in Shackelford’s Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, 8th Ed.
- Auchincloss HG, Morse CR. “Primary Tumors of the Thymus” in Current Surgical Therapy, 12th Ed.