Hamid Shokoohi, MD, MPH
Hamid Shokoohi, MD, MPH
Director, Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship
Director, Emergency Ultrasound Research
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-4100
About Hamid Shokoohi, MD, MPH
Hamid Shokoohi, MD, MPH, FACEP is an Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at Harvard Medical School who practices at the Department of Emergency Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital. He completed his residency and fellowship at the George Washington University in Washington DC in 2007. Currently, he serves as the Director of Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship Program at MGH. The program was awarded the inaugural Stellar Clinical Ultrasound Fellowship Program Award presented by the Society of Clinical Ultrasound in 2020! This award recognizes the most impactful fellowship program nationwide.
Dr. Shokoohi is a nationally and internationally renowned leader in clinical ultrasound education and research. He has contributed extensively to the world medical literature with publications appearing in high-ranking journals. He has authored more than 80 peer-reviewed publications and presented at many national and international scientific meetings. He is the recipient of the 2013 and 2019 National SAEM-Academy of Emergency Ultrasound “Award for Academic Excellence”. His research involves the clinical use of ultrasound in care of patients with shock and respiratory distress, and safety and effectiveness of ultrasound-guided procedures. More recently he focuses on innovative application of ultrasound in medical education, and the cutting-edge innovative studies in the use of artificial intelligence in ultrasound.
In his successful educational efforts and supervisory roles in the emergency medicine and ultrasound programs, Dr. Shokoohi has inspired many of his fellows and trainees to assume several leadership roles in their institutions. One of Dr. Shokoohi’s most notable contributions is the successful leadership in the education and training of many international fellows and residents. He has established several educational programs around the world and participated in medical education in underdeveloped countries. He continues to be an advocate for providing the highest quality of care, social health, diversity and equal opportunity of medical training.
- Critical care ultrasonography
- Emergency Ultrasound
- Trauma and critical care
Mass General Emergency Medicine
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02115
- MD, Iran University of Medical Sciences & Health Services
- Residency, George Washington University Hospital
- Fellowship, George Washington University Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings