Joseph McCain, DMD
Joseph McCain, DMD
Associate Professor of OMFS at the Harvard MEdical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine
Attending Surgeon at MGH
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2740
Danvers, MAPhone: 978-882-6600
About Joseph McCain, DMD
Dr. Joseph McCain is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeon. He completed his undergraduate and Dental School education at the University of Pittsburgh. Residency training in OMFS was completed at the University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital. Dr. McCain was the Founder of Miami Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, a hybrid academic private practice that focused on patient care, graduate medical education, and clinical research.
He has previously served as Chief of OMFS of the Baptist Health System in Miami, OMFS Program Director at Nova Southeastern School of Dental Medicine, and professor and Chairman of the OMFS section of Florida International University School of Medicine. He currently serves as the President of the American Society of TMJ Surgeons.
Dr. McCain's specialty focused interest include TMJ and OMFS Endoscopic Surgery. Dr. McCain has published, lectured, and operated both nationally and internationally regarding this field of specialized surgery. Dr. McCain joined the Harvard/MGH Family as a a full-time faculty in the Department of OMFS in 2018. Currently he is an Associate Professor of OMFS at the Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine and Attending Surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery)
- Endoscopic/minimally invasive maxillofacial surgery
- Orthognathic surgery (corrective jaw surgery)
- Temporomandibular joint disease (TMJ)
- Trauma reconstruction
Mass General Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Dental Group at Danvers
104 Endicott St.
Danvers, MA 01923
- DMD, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- Residency, University of Miami
- Residency, University of Miami Division of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
American Board Certifications
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Dental
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Delta Dental
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicaid Dental
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- Met Life Dental
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire Dental
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings