Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-3850
About Sara Barmettler, MD
Dr. Barmettler has clinical and research expertise in primary and secondary immunodeficiency. She is also highly involved in quality improvement and education, with projects in anaphylaxis recognition and management, as well as chemotherapy desensitization.
Dr. Barmettler graduated with honors from Amherst College with a BA in Biology and Music. She studied medicine at the University of Massachusetts Medical school, completed her Internal Medicine Residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital, and completed her fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital in Allergy and Immunology.
- Allergic rhinitis
- Drug hypersensitivity
- Eosinophilic disorders
- Food allergy
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Medicine: Allergy & Clinical Immunology Unit
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, UMASS Medical School
- Residency, Yale New Haven Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Allergy & Immunology, American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings