Drugs that inhibit the protein expressed by a mutated form of the KRAS gene might soon be approved, but cancer cells often develop additional mutations that make them resist such targeted drugs. Investigators have identified some of these mutations in a patient and strategies to overcome them.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Hospital Cancer Center
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- MD, Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Fellowship, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
American Board Certifications
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Apr | 24 | 2020
When George Perrone felt a sudden, sharp pain in his abdomen, he came to Massachusetts General Hospital. Upon consultation, he was informed that he not only need to undergo treatment for an inguinal hernia, but also for stage 1 lung cancer.