After a three-year hiatus because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 31st annual Richard J. Smith Memorial Lectureship and the 8th Annual Jesse Jupiter International Forum brought surgeons from around the globe to Boston for in-person presentations, roundtable conversations and networking.
Rohit Garg, MBBS
Rohit Garg, MBBS
Hand & Arm Orthopaedic Surgeon
Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Hand & Arm Service
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
104 Endicott Street
Lower Level, Suite LL00
Danvers, MA 01923
- MBBS, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Residency, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Garg’s research interest includes:
- Improving outcomes of brachial plexus injuries
- Improving treatment of upper extremity fractures
- Advancing knowledge and treatment of nerve recovery and regeneration
- Understanding and enhancing functional outcomes of patients
- Garg R, Sommer H, Lipman J, Wolfe SW, “Preoperative Computer Assisted Design Templating of Complex Articular Olecranon Osteotomy: case report” J Hand Surg Am. 2010 Dec;35(12):1990-4.e1. Epub 2010 Nov 18.
- Garg R, Merrell GA, Hillstrom H, Wolfe SW, “Comparison of Nerve Transfers and Nerve Grafting for Traumatic Upper Plexus Palsy: a systematic Review and analysis.” J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011 May 4;93(9):819-29.
- Garg R, Kraszewski AP, Stoecklein HH, Syrkin G, Hillstrom HJ, Backus S, Lenhoff ML, Wolff AL, Crisco JJ, Wolfe SW, “Wrist kinematic coupling and performance during functional tasks: effects of constrained motion.” J Hand Surg Am. 2014 Apr;39(4):634-642.e1.
- Garg R, Kraszewski A, Hafer J, Backus S, Mogekwu N, Lenhoff M, Wolff A, Hillstrom H, Wolfe SW. “Comparison of Wrist Kinematics and Functional Performance between Surgical Treatments for SLAC Wrist: Level 2 Evidence” J Hand Surg Am. 2011 Aug:36 Supplement 1:30-31.
- Garg R, Jupiter JJ. Dorsal rim distal radius fractures with radiocarpal instability, In IFSSH 2019 Instructional Book: Distal Radius Fractures and Carpal Instabilities.
- Garg R, Uygur S, Cwykiel J, Siemionow M, “Development of Targeted Muscle Reinnervation Model in Hind Limb Amputated Rats.” Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery. 2018 April 1.
- Kraszewski AP, Osei DA, Garg R, Jang E, Hillstrom HJ, Lenhoff MW, Wolfe SW, “The effect of wrist surgery on the kinematic consistency of joint axis reconstruction in a static posture.” J Orthop Res. 2015 Sep;33(9):1341-7.
Related News and Articles
- Patient Story
- Mar | 8 | 2023
Matthew's Story: A Healthcare Worker with COVID-related Arm Immobility Finds Relief Through Brachial Plexus Surgery
Matthew had lingering numbness in his arm following hospitalization for COVID-19. Read about his care journey, which included brachial plexus surgery.