Waltham, MAPhone: 617-726-2426
Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2426
About Amandeep Singh, MD, PhD
Dr. Amandeep Singh, MD, PhD is a gastroenterologist who sees most GI conditions and has a special interest in obesity and endoscopic devices for weight loss. Dr. Singh grew up in Buffalo, NY and graduated Suma Cum Laude with distinction in all subjects from Cornell University. He was awarded the prestigious Soros Fellowship to pursue an MD from Weill Cornell Medical College, graduating with Honors in Service, and a PhD from Rockefeller University, where he worked in Dr. Jeffrey Friedman’s laboratory studying Leptin’s regulation of body weight and metabolism. Dr. Singh completed his residency training at the University of Pennsylvania, followed by a gastroenterology fellowship at MGH, where he did research on bariatric endoscopic devices in Dr. Lee Kaplan’s lab. He went on to private practice in a community setting where he was able to establish and lead a very successful multidisciplinary endoscopic bariatric weight loss program before returning to MGH.
In addition to his clinical interests, Dr. Singh founded and previously directed The Surat Initiative, a 501(c)3 non-profit focused on education, which is now in its 13 year. He also danced professionally for several years and was featured in music videos, the Bollywood Music Awards, and judged numerous national dance competitions. Dr. Singh lives with his 2 children and enjoys staying active and traveling.
If you would like to be seen by Dr. Singh for a GI condition or to receive more information about endoscopic bariatric weight loss devices (such as the Orbera Intra-Gastric Balloon and Aspire Assist), feel free to call his office to schedule an appointment.
Gastroenterology at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
Blue Building, Suite 3100
Waltham, MA 02451
Mass General Gastroenterology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- PhD, Rockefeller University
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet (non par)
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings