Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-8278
About Jahan Mohebali, MD, MPH
Jahan Mohebali, MD, MPH, is a vascular surgeon in the Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital and the assistant program director of the Department of Surgery’s Residency Program.
Dr. Mohebali treats the full spectrum of vascular disease. He is specially trained in traditional (open) and endovascular (minimally invasive) aortic surgery and is particularly passionate about treating complex aortic disease. His interests include connective tissue disorders affecting the aorta, acute and chronic aortic dissection, and the open and endovascular repair of arch, descending thoracic, thoracoabdominal, suprarenal, juxtarenal and infrarenal aortic aneurysms.
Born and raised in Salt Lake City, UT, Dr. Mohebali came to Boston for surgical training in 2010. He completed both his general surgery residency and vascular and endovascular fellowship at Mass General and Harvard Medical School, and was offered the opportunity to stay on as a faculty member in the Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery in 2019. During his training, he also completed a master’s degree in public health with a concentration in quantitative methods at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Dr. Mohebali’s research focuses on the operative and long-term management of aortic disease. Among his work in research and innovation, Dr. Mohebali completed a significant internal database review of renovisceral branch reconstruction outcomes during open thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair to serve as a benchmark as total endovascular aneurysm repair becomes more universal. Also, in collaboration with the Mass General MESH Incubator, Dr. Mohebali formed a group of engineers, business school graduate students and other scientists to develop a “smart” wire for endovascular interventions.
He is a member of a variety of surgical societies, including the American College of Surgeons and the Society for Vascular Surgery.
- Aortic aneurysm
- Aortic aneurysms and aortoiliac disease
- Aortic dissection
- Aortic surgery
- Carotid angioplasty and stenting/carotid endarterectomy
- Carotid artery problems and stenosis
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Renal and Visceral Artery Angioplasty and Stenting
- Renal or mesenteric vascular diseases
- Thoracic / Thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair
- Thoracic and thoracoabdominal aorta
- Thoracoabdominal and complex aortic aneurysms
Mass General Vascular Center: Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Durability of open surgical repair of type I-III thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm. Latz CA, Cambria RP, Patel VI, Mohebali J, Ergul EA, Lancaster RT, Conrad MF, Clouse WD. J Vasc Surg. 2019 Aug;70(2):413-423.Use of extracorporeal bypass is associated with improved outcomes in open thoracic and thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair. Mohebali J, Carvalho S, Lancaster RT, Ergul EA, Conrad MF, Clouse WD, Cambria RP, Patel VI. J Vasc Surg. 2018 Oct;68(4):941-947Acoustic shadowing impairs accurate characterization of stenosis in carotid ultrasound examinations. Mohebali J, Patel VI, Romero JM, Hannon KM, Jaff MR, Cambria RP, LaMuraglia GM. J Vasc Surg. 2015 Nov;62(5):1236-44.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings