Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General: Orthopaedic Associates
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 3E
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Ioannina-Greece
- Residency, 7th IKA Hospital
- Residency, South Infirmary Hospital
- Residency, University Hospital Greece
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital
- Fellowship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, New England Baptist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Paschos obtained a Ph.D. with honors in Orthopedic and Sports Medicine focusing in ACL anatomy and biomechanics. He serves as Director of Pediatric Orthopedic Research at MassGeneral Hospital for Children. During his carrier he has worked in several multidisciplinary teams and his work has led to the development of novel surgical techniques and orthopedic devices.
The main objective of Dr. Paschos research is to optimize the management of sports related injuries and conditions, focusing on the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL), meniscus and cartilage, patellofemoral joint, osteochondritis dissecans (OCD), hip labrum and femoroacetabular impingement. He also has a special interest in stem cell, tissue engineering and biomechanics research and it’s application in clinical practice; prospective clinical trials and systematic reviews and meta-analysis; and outcomes regarding patient return to sports and sports performance. He has more than 100 publications and oral presentations in the field, and he is involved in a number of ongoing studies in ACL reconstruction, patellofemoral instability, meniscus repair and transplantation, hip impingement, and shoulder instability. His research has been awarded several awards from the International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Sports Medicine, the European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy, and the World Council of Biomechanics.
- Surgical and tissue engineering strategies for articular cartilage and meniscus repair. Kwon H, Brown WE, Lee CA, Wang D, Paschos N, Hu JC, Athanasiou KA. Nature Reviews Rheumatology 2019 Sep;15(9):550-570.
- Outcomes of Meniscus Repair in Children and Adolescents. Yang BW, Liotta ES, Paschos N. Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine. 2019 Jun;12(2):233-238.
- Combined Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament (MPFL) and Medial Quadriceps Tendon-Femoral Ligament (MQTFL) for Patellar Instability in Children and Adolescents: Surgical Technique and Outcomes. Spang RC, Tepolt FA, Paschos NK, Redler LH, Davis EA, Kocher MS. J Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2019 Jan;39(1):e54-e61.
- Now Is the Time to Discover How and Why Platelet-Rich Plasma Works in Cartilage. Paschos NK. Arthroscopy. 2019 Mar;35(3):977-978.
- Tension stimulation drives tissue formation in scaffold-free systems. Lee JK, Huwe LW, Paschos N, Aryaei A, Gegg CA, Hu JC, Athanasiou KA. Nature Materials. 2017 Aug;16(8):864-873.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: principles of treatment. Paschos NK, Howell SM. EFORT Open Reviews. 2017 Mar 13;1(11):398-408.
- Effectiveness of aspiration in knee joint effusion management: a prospective randomized controlled study. Paschos NK, Giotis D, Abuhemoud K, Georgoulis AD. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2014 Jan;22(1):226-32
- Advances in tissue engineering through stem cell-based co-culture. Paschos NK, Brown WE, Eswaramoorthy R, Hu JC, Athanasiou KA. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2015 May;9(5):488-503.