Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
Mass Eye and Ear Longwood
800 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency, Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
- Fellowship, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Solá-Del Valle is a clinician scientist who conducts research on glaucoma, cataracts, and resident/fellow training/education. He has conducted research regarding the efficacy and utility of various imaging devices in glaucoma diagnosis, as well as various aspects of cataract surgery. His current research aims to evaluate the efficacy of current glaucoma treatments, with an emphasis on newer surgical treatments, and to develop more effective treatments to ensure preservation of vision in the setting of glaucomatous disease. He also wants to study the most effective ways to educate the new generation of glaucoma and cataract specialists.
1. Payal AR, Sola-Del Valle D, Gonzalez-Gonzalez LA, Cakiner-Egilmez T, Chomsky AS, Vollman DE, Baze EF, Lawrence M, Daly MK. American Society of Anesthesiologists classification in cataract surgery: Results from the Ophthalmic Surgery Outcomes Data Project. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2016 07; 42(7):972-82.
2. Field MG, Alasil T, Baniasadi N, Que C, Simavli H, Sobeih D, Sola-Del Valle D, Best MJ, Chen TC. Facilitating Glaucoma Diagnosis With Intereye Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Asymmetry Using Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography. J Glaucoma. 2016 Feb; 25(2):167-76.
3. Varughese RS, Ridgeon E, Mathew A, Sola-Del Valle D. A rapidly enlarging swelling of the left orbit. BMJ. 2015 Feb 25; 350:h799
4. Verna EC, Brown RS, Farrand E, Pichardo EM, Forster CS, Sola-Del Valle DA, Adkins SH, Sise ME, Oliver JA, Radhakrishnan J, Barasch JM, Nickolas TL. Urinary neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin predicts mortality and identifies acute kidney injury in cirrhosis. Dig Dis Sci. 2012 Sep; 57(9):2362-70.
5. Nickolas TL, Schmidt-Ott KM, Canetta P, Forster C, Singer E, Sise M, Elger A, Maarouf O, Sola-Del Valle DA, O'Rourke M, Sherman E, Lee P, Geara A, Imus P, Guddati A, Polland A, Rahman W, Elitok S, Malik N, Giglio J, El-Sayegh S, Devarajan P, Hebbar S, Saggi SJ, Hahn B, Kettritz R, Luft FC, Barasch J. Diagnostic and prognostic stratification in the emergency department using urinary biomarkers of nephron damage: a multicenter prospective cohort study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012 Jan 17; 59(3):246-55.