Boston, MAPhone: 866-644-8910
About Khue Ton, MD, PhD
Dr. Ton's first name, Khue, is pronounced "quay."
Dr. Ton grew up in Vietnam. Her aunt and uncle brought her to the U.S. for college. She obtained a Ph.D in Biochemistry at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and an M.D. from Dartmouth Medical School. Dr. Ton completed her Internal Medicine residency at MGH, then went on to complete a Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship at Johns Hopkins, and an Advanced Heart Failure Fellowship at Columbia University. Previously on the faculty at University of Maryland School of Medicine, Dr. Ton returned to join the Division of Cardiology at MGH in 10/2019.
Dr. Ton is passionate about caring for patients with heart failure, especially those in need of mechanical circulatory support and/or heart transplantation. Her clinical and research interests are in the field of ventricular assist devices (VAD), with a focus on improving exercise tolerance and quality of life for VAD patients. Dr. Ton would like patients to know that even though heart failure is a serious illness, there are many therapeutic options that can improve survival and quality of life. Please never hesitate to ask her any questions.
Mass General Heart Center
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Dartmouth Medical School
- PhD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship, New York Presbyterian Columbia Campus
American Board Certifications
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings