Christoforos Giakoumatos, MD
Christoforos Giakoumatos, MD
Instructor in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-7792
Revere, MAPhone: 781-485-6000
About Christoforos Giakoumatos, MD
Dr. Giakoumatos is an addiction psychiatrist at Massachusetts General Hospital and an Instructor in Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He completed his addiction psychiatry fellowship in the Partners Healthcare System (Massachusetts General, McLean, and Brigham & Women’s Hospitals) and his adult psychiatric training at the Harvard South Shore Psychiatry Residency Training Program (HSS). Prior to joining HSS, he attended the Medical School at the University of Athens, Greece. After graduating from his medical school and before joining HSS, he conducted research at the Massachusetts Mental Health Center/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He has published peer-reviewed articles, given oral presentations and presented posters in local, national and international meetings.
- Addiction Psychiatry
Mass General Psychiatry: Adult Outpatient Psychiatry Services
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Revere HealthCare Center
300 Ocean Ave.
Revere, MA 02151
- MD, University of Athens School of Medicine
- Residency, Harvard South Shore Psychiatry Residency Training
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Addiction Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Giakoumatos CI, Osser DN. The psychopharmacology algorithm project at the Harvard South Shore Program: an update on unipolar non-psychotic depression. Harvard Review of Psychiatry. 2019 Jan/Feb; 27(1):33-52.
- Giakoumatos CI, Nanda P, Mathew IT, Tandon N, Shah J, Bishop JR, Clementz BA, Pearlson GD, Sweeney JA, Tamminga CA, Keshavan MS. Effects of lithium on cortical thickness and hippocampal subfield volumes in psychotic bipolar disorder. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2015 Feb; 61:180-7.
- Nanda P, Tandon N, Mathew IT, Giakoumatos CI, Abhishekh HA, Clementz BA, Pearlson GD, Sweeney J, Tamminga CA, Keshavan MS. Local gyrification index in probands with psychotic disorders and their first-degree relatives. Biological Psychiatry. 2014 Sep 15; 76(6):447-55.
- Giakoumatos CI, Tandon N, Shah J, Mathew IT, Brady RO, Clementz BA, Pearlson GD, Thaker GK, Tamminga CA, Sweeney JA, Keshavan MS. Are structural brain abnormalities associated with suicidal behavior in patients with psychotic disorders? Journal of Psychiatric Research. Volume 47, Issue 10, October 2013, Pages 1389-1395.
- Giakoumatos CI. Do you D.A.RE. take the USMLEs?: The stages an IMG (International Medical Graduate) goes through while taking the “Steps”: My experience, Asian Journal of Psychiatry, Volume 6, Issue 4, August 2013, Pages 353-354.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings