Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-8810
About David Hao, MD
Dr. Hao is an anesthesiologist and chronic pain physician at Massachusetts General Hospital. He specializes in acute and chronic pain management.
Dr. Hao completed his anesthesia residency at Massachusetts General Hospital and chronic pain management fellowship at Brigham and Women's Hospital. His clinical interests include neuromodulation, minimally invasive spine interventions, cancer pain, ultrasonography, and regional anesthesia.
Dr. Hao's research focuses on the application of multimedia to medical education and patient care quality and safety. He has earned multiple awards including the MGH Patient Safety Star, Donald P. Todd MGH Pain Center Award, Carl E. Rosow Evidence-Based Medicine Award, and the inaugural Resident Quality and Safety Leadership Award. He has also published in prestigious journals including the New England Journal of Medicine.
Dr. Hao is an advocate for evidence-based medicine and hosts the Depth of Anesthesia podcast, which critically examines clinical dogmas by exploring the literature.
- Minimally Invasive Spine Interventions
- Regional anesthesia
- Spinal cord stimulation for pain management
- Treatment of cancer-related pain
- Treatment of chronic pain, both medical and interventional.
- Treatment of pain due to nerve injury
- Treatment of pain due to spinal degeneration
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Pain Management Center
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, UMDNJ Rutgers Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings