Please join us in congratulating the 13 Mass General orthopaedic surgeons named Top Doctors by Boston magazine for 2022. This impressive achievement is a testament to the commitment of our clinical team to providing safe, high-quality care while ensuring an exceptional patient experience.
John Kwon, MD
John Kwon, MD
Associate Chief, Foot & Ankle Service
Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeon
Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Foot & Ankle Service
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General/Newton-Wellesley Foot & Ankle Center
52 Second Ave.
Waltham, MA 02451
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923
- MD, New York Medical College
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Mercy Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Kwon's research endeavors have focused on the diagnosis and treatment of foot and ankle fractures and other traumatic injuries. He has published over 120 peer-reviewed works and multiple book chapters on the topic.
- Agarwal-Harding KJ, Kapadia A, Banza LN, Chawinga M, Mkandawire N, Kwon JY. Improving Management of Adult Ankle Fractures in Malawi: An Assessment of Providers' Knowledge and Treatment Strategies. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2021 Feb 17;103(4):326-334. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.20.00660. PMID: 33369982.
- Kwon JY, Gitajn IL, Walton P, Miller TJ, Appleton P, Rodriguez EK. A cadaver study revisiting the original methodology of Lauge-Hansen and a commentary on modern usage. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015 Apr 1;97(7):604-9. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.N.00970. PMID: 25834086.
- Gitajn IL, Abousayed M, Toussaint RJ, Ting B, Jin J, Kwon JY. Anatomic Alignment and Integrity of the Sustentaculum Tali in Intra-Articular Calcaneal Fractures: Is the Sustentaculum Tali Truly Constant? J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 Jun 18;96(12):1000-1005. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.M.00330. PMID: 24951735.
- Toussaint RJ, Lin D, Ehrlichman LK, Ellington JK, Strasser N, Kwon JY. Peroneal tendon displacement accompanying intra-articular calcaneal fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 Feb 19;96(4):310-5. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.L.01378. PMID: 24553887.