Carol Lim, MD
Carol Lim, MD
Medical Director of the MGH Clozapine Clinic
Boston, MAPhone: 617-643-1175
About Carol Lim, MD
Carol Lim, MD, MPH is an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a psychiatrist at the MGH Psychosis Clinical and Research Program. She treats patients across all stages of psychotic disorders, including first episode patients in the First Episode Early Psychosis Program and patients with chronic schizophrenia in the Recovery and Ongoing Care Clinic. She is the Medical Director of the MGH Clozapine Clinic. She serves as a consultant psychiatrist for MGH’s second opinion psychosis consultation service.
In addition, she treats patients with serious mental illness at the Freedom Trail Clinic, an MGH community partner mental health center. Also, she conducts clinical trials at the MGH Translational Clinical and Research Center to find more effective and safer treatments for schizophrenia.
Prior to joining the faculty, she completed her residency in Psychiatry at Dartmouth, followed by fellowship in Public and Community Psychiatry at MGH. She received her Bachelor's degree magna cum laude from Brown University, Medical Degree from Seoul National University College of Medicine in South Korea, and Master of Public Health degree from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
- Clozapine treatment
- Community Mental Health
- Global Psychiatry
- Integrative Models of Care
- Psychotic Disorders
- Treatment-resistant Schizophrenia
Mass General Psychiatry: Learning & Emotional Assessment Program (LEAP)
151 Merrimac St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Seoul National University College of Medicine
- Residency, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Lim participates in clinical research related to schizophrenia and medical and psychiatric integration.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings