Boston, MAPhone: 866-644-8910
Boston, MAPhone: 800-711-4644
About Anne Thorndike, MD
General internist at Massachusetts General Hospital and assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School. Her clinical and research interests are in the prevention and treatment of obesity through lifestyle modification.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Lifestyle management
- Metabolic syndrome
- Obesity medicine
- Smoking cessation
Mass General Heart Center
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Internal Medicine Associates
55 Fruit St.
Wang Ambulatory Care Center
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, UMASS Medical School
- Residency, University of Chicago Hospitals
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Thorndike's current research focuses on population-based approaches that utilize behavioral economics strategies to promote healthy food choices in worksite and community environments.
- Thorndike AN, Sonnenberg L, Riis J, Barraclough S, Levy DE. A 2-phase labeling and choice architecture intervention to improve healthy food and beverage choices. American Journal of Public Health. 2012:102:527-533. PMCID: PMC3329221.
- Levy DE, Riis J, Sonnenberg LM, Barraclough SJ, Thorndike AN. Food choices of minority and low-income employees: a cafeteria intervention. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2012;43:240-248. PMCID: PMC3422505
- Thorndike AN, Riis J, Sonnenberg L, Levy DE. Traffic light-light labels and choice architecture: promoting healthy food choices. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2014;46:143-149. PMCID: PMC3911887.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings