Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Pulmonary & Critical Care
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, NewYork-Presbyterian/ Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship, Cornell University College of Medicine
- Fellowship, Harvard (MGH, BWH, BIDMC)
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital***
American Board Certifications
- Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Shea?s research focus is exploring the mechanisms that lead to lung fibrosis and exploring new treatments for this disease process. His research has included basic science, translational, and clinical investigations, and he has received NIH funding for his work. He is currently exploring the use of a novel molecular imaging technique to assess the extent of ongoing lung injury in pulmonary fibrosis, and he is an investigator for several industry-sponsored clinical trials in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and other fibrotic lung diseases.