Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2914
About Yun Kao, MD
Yun Kao MD is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained dermatopathologist. She received her undergraduate degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and earned her medical degree from Harvard Medical School. She completed residency at the Harvard Combined Dermatology Residency Training Program, where she served as chief resident in her final year of training. She subsequently completed dermatopathology fellowship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Dr. Kao is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. Her interests include general dermatology, skin cancer detection and treatment, and interpretation of skin biopsy results in managing cutaneous diseases. She has published articles in various dermatology journals and enjoys medical education.
- Clinicopathologic correlation
- General Dermatology
- Skin cancer
Mass General Dermatology
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings