Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-2229
About Marti Soffer, MD, MPH
Dr. Marti Soffer is an Obstetrician Gynecologist and Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist at Massachusetts General Hospital and an Instructor at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Soffer graduated from Brandeis University where she majored in Health: Science, Society, and Policy. She went to medical school through the Humanities in Medicine Program at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City where she earned her doctoral degree as well as a Masters in Public Health. She continued at the Icahn School of Medicine where she completed her obstetrics and gynecology residency training, followed by a fellowship in Maternal Fetal Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital.
As a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist, Dr. Soffer is engaged in clinical research and is currently running a randomized controlled trial on the MGH labor floor to determine the effect of positioning on perineal morbidity among those undergoing their first births. Dr. Soffer has clinical interests in the fields of patient counseling, prenatal diagnosis and ultrasound, diabetes in pregnancy, cardiovascular disease in pregnancy, and preterm labor.
Outside of the hospital, Dr. Soffer enjoys spending time with her husband and daughters, musical theater, hiking, baking, and running.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Labor and Delivery
- Patient Counseling
- Prenatal Diagnosis
- Preterm Labor
Mass General Obstetrics and Gynecology
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, MPH, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Residency, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Soffer is currently running a randomized controlled trial on the labor floor at Mass General to determine the effect of patient positioning on the degree of perineal morbidity after vaginal deliveries.
1. Sullivan MW, Kanbergs AN, Burdette ER, Silberman J, Dolisca S, Scarry J, Soffer M, Kaimal A, Bryant Mantha A, Bernstein SN. Acceptability of virtual prenatal care: thinking beyond the pandemic. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2021 Sep 23; 1-4. PMID: 34554895.
2. Soffer MD, Rekawek P, Pan S, Overbey J, Stone J. Improving Postpartum Attendance among Women with Gestational Diabetes Using the Medical Home Model of Care. Am J Perinatol. 2021 Apr 20. PMID: 33878773.
3. Goldfarb IT, Clapp MA, Soffer MD, Shook LL, Rushfirth K, Edlow AG, Boatin AA, Kaimal AJ, Barth WH, Bryant AS. Prevalence and Severity of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Illness in Symptomatic Pregnant and Postpartum Women Stratified by Hispanic Ethnicity. Obstet Gynecol. 2020 08; 136(2):300-302. PMID: 32496337.
4. Soffer MD, Bendapudi PK, Roberts DJ, Edelson PK, Kuter DJ, Ecker JL, Bryant A, Goldfarb IT. Congenital thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) with placental abruption despite maternal improvement: a case report. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020 Jun 15; 20(1):365. PMID: 32539690.
5. Hickey S, Soffer M, Cherkas D, Ditchik A, Beloosesky B. Crashing eclamptic patient and a resulting peri-mortem C-section. Am J Emerg Med. 2020 06; 38(6):1297.e5-1297.e7. PMID: 32007338.
6. Soffer MD. Current Realities of Childbearing in Residency: Room for Improvement. Obstet Gynecol. 2019 03; 133(3):571-574. PMID: 30741817.
7. Soffer MD, Chen KT. In Search of Accurate Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring Mobile Applications. Telemed J E Health. 2019 09; 25(9):870-877. PMID: 30358492.
8. Soffer MD, Adams ZM, Chen YS, Fox NS. Risk factors for positive postpartum depression screen in women with private health insurance and access to care. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2019 Dec; 32(24):4154-4158. PMID: 29852802.
9. Soffer MD, Naqvi M, Melka S, Gottlieb A, Romero J, Fox NS. The association between maternal race and adverse outcomes in twin pregnancies with similar healthcare access. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2018 Sep; 31(18):2424-2428. PMID: 28629273.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings