Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Obstetrics and Gynecology
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, MPH, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Residency, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*
American Board Certifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Soffer is currently running a randomized controlled trial on the labor floor at Mass General to determine the effect of patient positioning on the degree of perineal morbidity after vaginal deliveries.
1. Sullivan MW, Kanbergs AN, Burdette ER, Silberman J, Dolisca S, Scarry J, Soffer M, Kaimal A, Bryant Mantha A, Bernstein SN. Acceptability of virtual prenatal care: thinking beyond the pandemic. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2021 Sep 23; 1-4. PMID: 34554895.
2. Soffer MD, Rekawek P, Pan S, Overbey J, Stone J. Improving Postpartum Attendance among Women with Gestational Diabetes Using the Medical Home Model of Care. Am J Perinatol. 2021 Apr 20. PMID: 33878773.
3. Goldfarb IT, Clapp MA, Soffer MD, Shook LL, Rushfirth K, Edlow AG, Boatin AA, Kaimal AJ, Barth WH, Bryant AS. Prevalence and Severity of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Illness in Symptomatic Pregnant and Postpartum Women Stratified by Hispanic Ethnicity. Obstet Gynecol. 2020 08; 136(2):300-302. PMID: 32496337.
4. Soffer MD, Bendapudi PK, Roberts DJ, Edelson PK, Kuter DJ, Ecker JL, Bryant A, Goldfarb IT. Congenital thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) with placental abruption despite maternal improvement: a case report. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020 Jun 15; 20(1):365. PMID: 32539690.
5. Hickey S, Soffer M, Cherkas D, Ditchik A, Beloosesky B. Crashing eclamptic patient and a resulting peri-mortem C-section. Am J Emerg Med. 2020 06; 38(6):1297.e5-1297.e7. PMID: 32007338.
6. Soffer MD. Current Realities of Childbearing in Residency: Room for Improvement. Obstet Gynecol. 2019 03; 133(3):571-574. PMID: 30741817.
7. Soffer MD, Chen KT. In Search of Accurate Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring Mobile Applications. Telemed J E Health. 2019 09; 25(9):870-877. PMID: 30358492.
8. Soffer MD, Adams ZM, Chen YS, Fox NS. Risk factors for positive postpartum depression screen in women with private health insurance and access to care. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2019 Dec; 32(24):4154-4158. PMID: 29852802.
9. Soffer MD, Naqvi M, Melka S, Gottlieb A, Romero J, Fox NS. The association between maternal race and adverse outcomes in twin pregnancies with similar healthcare access. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2018 Sep; 31(18):2424-2428. PMID: 28629273.