Boston, MAPhone: 617-724-2229
Dover, NHPhone: 603-742-5252
Danvers, MAPhone: 978-882-6100
About Malavika Prabhu, MD
Malavika Prabhu, MD, is a board-certified maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) specialist and attending physician at Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Prabhu received her medical degree from Stanford University and completed her residency at the University of Washington in Seattle where she served as chief resident, followed by her MFM fellowship at Mass General. She practiced at Women and Infants Hospital in Providence RI, and at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City prior to returning to Mass General.
Dr. Prabhu cares for pregnant patients and families with the full spectrum of complicated pregnancies. She welcomes patients with complicated medical problems predating pregnancy, unexpected circumstances that may arise during a low-risk pregnancy, high-risk in-utero or fetal conditions, or with difficult pregnancies and births in the past. Her clinical interests are diverse, and she enjoys taking care of women and pregnant people with a history of mid-trimester loss, cervical insufficiency, stillbirth, hypertension, preeclampsia, infectious diseases, as well as fetal high-risk conditions including multiple gestations, fetal growth restriction, and fetuses with abnormal ultrasound or genetic findings. She loves getting to know a family and understanding their values and goals to create an evidence-based plan of care that best fulfills those goals.
To complement her clinical interests, Dr. Prabhu is also a clinical researcher, with her academic interests focused on understanding how to decrease pregnancy-associated complications, as well as quality improvement work on optimizing the practice and delivery of obstetric care. She also serves as an Editorial Board member for Obstetrics & Gynecology, a leading journal in the field, as well as a member on the Publications Committee for the Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
Outside of her clinical and research work, Dr. Prabhu enjoys spending time with her husband and two small children, practicing yoga, and exploring the small towns and beaches of New England.
Dr. Prabhu sees patients for prenatal care at Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care in Danvers and performs deliveries at Mass General in Boston. She also offers Maternal Fetal Medicine Consultations for pregnant and pre-conception visits for any family interested through the Boston office.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
- Cancer in Pregnancy
- Cervical Insufficiency
- Fetal Abnormalities (ultrasound, genetics)
- Fetal Growth Restriction
- Heart Disease in Pregnancy
- Hypertension / Preeclampsia
- Infectious Diseases (CMV, hepatitis, HIV, COVID-19, etc)
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- Operative Vaginal Delivery
- Recurrent Midtrimester Loss
- Renal Disease in Pregnancy
- Twin Vaginal Delivery
- Twins / Multiple Gestation
- Adult & Pediatrics
Mass General Obstetrics and Gynecology
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
789 Central Ave.
Dover, NH 03820
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
102-104 Endicott St.
Danvers, MA 01923
- MD, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Residency, University of Washington Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings