Accepting New Patients
Boston, MAPhone: 617-643-2132
About Sonal Shah, MD
Dr. Shah is an east coast native, originally from Long Island NY, and has lived in Chicago and Seattle. She completed both undergraduate and medical school at Northwestern University in Chicago, IL and went on to do her Internal Medicine training at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, MA.
Dr. Shah began her career working with inpatients at academic medical centers in both WA and MA. This experience left her with an intimate understanding of the experience of hospitalized patients, and helped her become a strong advocate for her patients when they navigate the hospital setting. Dr. Shah also brings the experience of working with a geriatric cohort, and managing a traditional primary care practice.
Together, these decades of experience in different fields of internal medicine have shaped Dr. Shah's unique perspective and holistic approach. She centers her care around maximizing quality of life and helping patients make decisions that help them to live their best life, however they define it. She believes in innate patient wisdom, and that we all ultimately know what is best for us.
Her passions include lifestyle medicine, nutrition, mental health and preventive care. She is a strong ally for the LGBTQ+ community. She is a mother of two active teenagers and loves to practice hot yoga and create art in her free time.
Mass General Concierge Medicine
50 Staniford St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Northwestern University
- Residency, Lahey Clinic Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Concierge Medicine Welcomes Dr. Sonal Shah
The Concierge Medicine Practice at Mass General is pleased to announce the appointment of a new physician, Sonal Shah, MD.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings