- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Implants and wisdom teeth
- Minimally Invasive Techniques (Distraction Osteogensis and Endoscopy)
- Orthognathic surgery (corrective jaw surgery)
- Reconstruction Surgery
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Medical Education
- DDS, McGill University
- Residency, McGill University Hospital|Residency, Montreal General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Dental
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Delta Dental
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicaid Dental
- Medicare - ACD
- Met Life Dental
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New Hampshire Dental
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and Pediatric
- Provider Gender
Dr. Maria Troulis is known for her work with minimally invasive oral and maxillofacial surgery techniques. She has been a major collaborator in the development of distraction osteogenesis, tissue engineering, and endoscopic applications in the oral and maxillofacial region.
Canadian-born from Greek descent, Dr. Troulis attended McGill University in Montreal, where she completed her DDS in dentistry. She completed her residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Montreal General Hospital. Dr. Troulis is currently the chief in oral and maxillofacial surgery, director of the Skeletal Biology Research Laboratory, and director of the Minimally Invasive Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery program. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Associate Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Troulis is co-editor of the text Pediatric Maxillofacial Surgery and of the text Minimally Invasive Maxillofacial Surgery. She has authored more than 60 peer-reviewed articles and 15 chapters. She has also produced three teaching videotapes on minimally invasive therapies.
- Abramson Z, Susarla S, August M, Troulis M, Kaban L. Three-dimensional computed tomographic analysis of airway anatomy in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010 Feb;68(2):354-62.
- Bouchard C, Troulis MJ, Kaban LB. Management of obstructive sleep apnea: role of distraction osteogenesis. Oral and maxillofacial surgery clinics of North America. 2009 Nov;21(4):459-75.
- Abukawa H, Phelps M, Jackson P, Smith RM, Vacanti JP, Kaban LB, Troulis MJ. Effect of ibuprofen on osteoblast differentiation of porcine bone marrow-derived progenitor cells. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Nov;67(11):2412-7.
- Kaban LB, Bouchard C, Troulis MJ. A protocol for management of temporomandibular joint ankylosis in children. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Sep;67(9):1966-78.
- Kaban LB, Seldin EB, Kikinis R, Yeshwant K, Padwa BL, Troulis MJ. Clinical application of curvilinear distraction osteogenesis for correction of mandibular deformities. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 May;67(5):996-1008.
- Resnick CM, Kaban LB, Troulis MJ. Minimally invasive orthognathic surgery.Facial Plast Surg.2009 Feb;25(1):49-62.
Dr. Maria Troulis is the Chief of the Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) at Massachusetts General Hospital. She is also the Walter C. Guralnick Professor and Chair of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
Massachusetts General Hospital names Maria J. Troulis, DDS, MSc, next chief of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Troulis named chief of the Mass General Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and will serve as the next Walter C. Guralnick Professor and chair of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
Maria J. Troulis, DDS, MSc, currently the acting director of the Skeletal Biology Research Laboratory, has been named the next chief of the MGH Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS).
MGH Hotline 06.25.10 MGH EMPLOYEES crowded into the Bulfinch Tent June 21 to catch a sneak peek of the first episode of "Boston Med," an eight-part ABC News documentary series featuring the poignant, real-life stories of patients and caregivers at the MGH, BWH and Children's Hospital.
ABC News documentary series "Boston Med" features oral and maxillofacial surgery procedure in first episode, airing June 24th on Channel 5.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
104 Endicott St
Danvers, MA 01923